Rhode Island and Massachusetts have laid out plans to gradually reopen their economies throughout the summer, which differ slightly from each other and other states’ plans.
Below is a quick guide to what’s open and what’s closed in the two states, along with details about restrictions and helpful links with more information about each activity.
PLEASE NOTE: The state mandates around each activity are changing often — sometimes daily — so check back for regular updates, as these lists will change accordingly.
Maps & Tracking COVID-19 in Rhode Island and Massachusetts (click on the map below)
More Interactive COVID-19 Data:
COVID-19 Tracking & Maps: The very latest visual data on cases and statistics of coronavirus in Rhode Island and Massachusetts »
COVID-19 Projection Models: Interactive U.S. and state-by-state coronavirus predictive data visualization »
COVID-19 cases by U.S. county (Source: Associated Press)
Real-time tracking coronavirus worldwide (Source: Johns Hopkins University & Medicine)
Coronavirus: Latest Headlines
- 18 new deaths, 189 new cases in RI; gov’s briefing at 1 pm
- RI unemployment rate soars to 17%; state loses another 88K jobs
- Newsfeed Now Coronavirus: ‘Facts Not Fear’ morning update – May 21, 2020
- South Korean students heading back to school in phases
- Coronavirus-triggered layoffs in US hit nearly 39 million