(WPRI) -Weather Week 2019 on WPRI 12 and WPRI.com aims to prepare you for a range of summer threats, including hurricanes, thunderstorms and much more.
Lighting can create an amazing show in the sky, but it can also be dangerous. Friday at 5:30pm, Meteorologist Torry Gaucher has some important safety tips when a lightning storm strikes.
Web Extra: Avoid being struck by lightning
- Weather Now: Brief Early AM Shower Friday, Then Sunny Warmer.
- Weather Week Special: Exploring Summer Threats
- Don’t get zapped: How to avoid being struck by lightning
- What are meteotsunamis, and how common are they?
- Hurricane Hunter crews risk it all to gather critical storm data
- ‘Smart meter’ technology could flip the switch on power outages
- Web Extra: Avoid being struck by lightning
- Hurricane Center: Preparedness is key as height of season approaches
- Web Extra: Hurricane Hunter Aircraft history