Summer in Southern New England – it’s what we wait for all year.
But with the warmer weather comes the potential for all kinds of extreme conditions.
That’s why the Pinpoint Weather Team is exploring summer threats, including extreme heat, storm surges, wind damage, hurricanes and much more.
- Storm surges don’t just impact the coastline »
- Can RI’s new climate change law reverse the decline in lobster population? »
- Climate change could cause more powerful hurricanes, URI researcher says »
- Heat waves becoming more common, data shows »
- Is it getting windier? Despite damaging storms, data suggests otherwise »