BAHAMAS (WFLA) — Ominous cell phone video taken from an island in the Atlantic shows Hurricane Dorian’s arrival in the Bahamas.
The video was shared on Facebook by Visit Green Turtle Cay, a tourism company for the island in the Bahamas.
The 1 p.m. update by the National Hurricane Center said Hurricane Dorian has reached maximum winds near 180 mph with gusts over 220 mph.
- Tracking the Tropics: Record-breaking 2020 hurricane season drawing to a close
- Tracking the Tropics: 2 areas being monitored in Atlantic basin as end of hurricane season nears
- Hurricane Iota roars onto Nicaragua as 2nd blow in 2 weeks
- Tracking the Tropics: Eta maintains tropical storm strength as it moves over Atlantic off Florida, Georgia coast
- Tracking the Tropics: Eta brings heavy rain, winds, flooding to Tampa Bay