WARWICK, R.I. (WPRI) — A water main leak that impacted the Monday morning commute for motorists traveling in the area of Airport Road in Warwick has been fixed.
City officials say a leak in the area of 536 Airport Road was discovered around 8:30 p.m. Sunday.
Warwick Water Department supervisor Terry DePetrillo said Monday morning that a gasket on an asbestos concrete pipe started leaking and water started flowing up onto the street.
Though temperatures have dropped, DePetrillo said the colder weather wasn’t a factor.
The road was down to one lane in each direction for several hours while crews worked to fix the leak and repair the road.
Also on WPRI.com
- Future of Silver City Galleria remains uncertain
- Raimondo, early education advocates announce ‘RIght from the Start’ campaign
- Warwick police K9 Haki to receive protective body armor
- 4 local towns named ‘Green Communities,’ awarded grants
- South Providence man arrested on drug, gun charges