QUESTIONS ANSWERED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Why wasn’t the extra $600 benefit retroactive as promised?
- My car’s registration is about to expire – what do I do?
- What if I’m about to run out of sick days?
- What are options for small businesses?
EAST PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WPRI) – In this edition of “12 Responds,” Target 12 investigators Tim White and Ted Nesi answer common questions, including many inquiries about the extra $600 unemployment payments.
A number of people report they received the extra money, but it wasn’t retroactive as promised under the law. As explained in the video, a spokesperson said the retro money is coming, they just have to process it “manually,” so it will added to benefits payments in the near future.
- 12 Responds: Submit a question
Recent episodes of 12 Responds:
- Are grocery story workers required to wear a mask?
- Treasurer Magaziner on small businesses hit hard
- Answers on the $600 unemployment bump, DLT wait times, applying in Mass.
- How to ensure you get the 13-week unemployment extension
- Out of work in RI due to COVID-19? Here’s what you’re eligible for
- Here’s how the expanded federal unemployment benefits work
- Here’s how your federal coronavirus tax rebate check will work