EAST PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WPRI) – More than 3,000 letters have gone out from the R.I. Department of Labor and Training seeking more information from Rhode Islanders who have filed for unemployment.
In the video above, Target 12 Investigator Tim White explains why the letters are legitimate and what led DLT officials to take that approach.
- 12 Responds: Submit a question
Recent episodes of 12 Responds:
- 10k download state’s ‘Crush COVID RI’ app in first day
- 12 Responds: What if I can’t go back to work?
- When will the extension for unemployment benefits kick in?
- Outdoor dining coming for restaurants; timeline for hair salons
- Jobless benefits have suddenly stopped, why?
- Can I go fishing, what about boat launches?
- Can RI first responders get hazard pay?
- Can I get an antibody test to see if I had COVID-19?
- I can’t register my car, what do I do?
- Important stimulus deadline for people on SSI with kids
- Will nursing homes keep the stimulus money sent to residents?
- Where can I find a list of cases by nursing home?
- Do I have to quarantine after shopping over the border?
- Stimulus check was sent to wrong account, now what?
- Getting stimulus check for those who don’t file taxes
- Why wasn’t the $600 unemployment bump retroactive?
- Are grocery story workers required to wear a mask?
- Treasurer Magaziner on small businesses hit hard
- Answers on the $600 unemployment bump, DLT wait times, applying in Mass.
- How to ensure you get the 13-week unemployment extension
- Out of work in RI due to COVID-19? Here’s what you’re eligible for
- Here’s how the expanded federal unemployment benefits work
- Here’s how your federal coronavirus tax rebate check will work
Coronavirus: Coverage and Resources
Latest Headlines | En Español: 12 Informa | COVID-19 Tracking: Maps, Charts, Interactive Data | Projection Models | Support Groups | Restaurants Offering Takeout/Delivery | Senior Shopping Hours | Photos | CDC Resources | RI Health Department | MA Health Department
RI Coronavirus Hotline: (401) 222-8022 | Work-Related Questions: (401) 462-2020 | Mental Health Assistance: (401) 414-5465
Coronavirus: Latest Headlines
- Shanghai Disneyland reopens with anti-virus controls
- ‘Knock It Off’ hand sanitizer hitting the shelves
- Potential announcement on outdoor dining at restaurants this week
- AAA opening majority of RI branches; DMV service available by appointment only
- New week brings new challenges for White House