QUESTIONS ANSWERED IN THIS EPISODE:
- My car’s registration expired and I can’t get an appoint at the DMV.
- What about new car purchases?
- Will my car still be insured if the registration expired?
EAST PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WPRI) – In this edition of “12 Responds,” Tim White answers questions about motor vehicle registrations, and being unable to make an appointment at the R.I. Dept. of Motor Vehicles.
On Monday (April 28), Gov. Gina Raimondo announced expirations – for registrations, inspections and licenses – are getting a 90-day extension. For people whose registration expires in May, for example, the deadline is being pushed off until August.
The governor asked that people try taking care of their business online before attempting to book an appointment.
- 12 Responds: Submit a question
Recent episodes of 12 Responds:
- Important stimulus deadline for people on SSI with kids
- Will nursing homes keep the stimulus money sent to residents?
- Where can I find a list of cases by nursing home?
- Do I have to quarantine after shopping over the border?
- Stimulus check was sent to wrong account, now what?
- Getting stimulus check for those who don’t file taxes
- Why wasn’t the $600 unemployment bump retroactive?
- Are grocery story workers required to wear a mask?
- Treasurer Magaziner on small businesses hit hard
- Answers on the $600 unemployment bump, DLT wait times, applying in Mass.
- How to ensure you get the 13-week unemployment extension
- Out of work in RI due to COVID-19? Here’s what you’re eligible for
- Here’s how the expanded federal unemployment benefits work
- Here’s how your federal coronavirus tax rebate check will work
Coronavirus: Latest Headlines
- Nail salons prepare to navigate services amid pandemic
- Unable to make new graduation date, high school senior receives solo ceremony
- Many RI districts keeping summer learning programs virtual
- Allowed to resume next week, youth sports teams gear up for summer season
- Juanita Sanchez seniors receive congratulatory lawn signs ahead of virtual graduation