EAST PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WPRI) – With the weather warming, many people have written into “12 Responds” asking about the rules on fishing during the pandemic.
In the video above, Target 12 Investigator Tim White spoke with the Chief Dean Hoxsie of the Environmental Police at RIDEM. Hoxsie said people who live in Rhode Island can fish, while complying with the governor’s order on social distancing. But those who live out of state cannot drive into the state to fish (though they can fish in the waters off of Rhode Island in a boat).
The same holds true for freshwater locations. Though three ponds are closed for now because they are located in state parks: Olney Pond, Mashanticut Lake, and Peck Pond.
Rhode Islanders can use boat launches throughout the state, except at Colt State Park and Fort Adams State Park, where the parks are closed. Out-of-state boaters cannot launch or land their boats in Rhode Island.
- 12 Responds: Submit a question
- RI DEM: COVID-19 Updates
- More Fishing Guidelines (OnTheWater.com): Fishing in Other Northeast States | Massachusetts COVID-19 Boating Guidelines
Recent episodes of 12 Responds:
- Can RI first responders get hazard pay?
- Can I get an antibody test to see if I had COVID-19?
- I can’t register my car, what do I do?
- Important stimulus deadline for people on SSI with kids
- Will nursing homes keep the stimulus money sent to residents?
- Where can I find a list of cases by nursing home?
- Do I have to quarantine after shopping over the border?
- Stimulus check was sent to wrong account, now what?
- Getting stimulus check for those who don’t file taxes
- Why wasn’t the $600 unemployment bump retroactive?
- Are grocery story workers required to wear a mask?
- Treasurer Magaziner on small businesses hit hard
- Answers on the $600 unemployment bump, DLT wait times, applying in Mass.
- How to ensure you get the 13-week unemployment extension
- Out of work in RI due to COVID-19? Here’s what you’re eligible for
- Here’s how the expanded federal unemployment benefits work
- Here’s how your federal coronavirus tax rebate check will work
Coronavirus: Coverage and Resources
Latest Headlines | COVID-19 Tracking: Maps, Charts, Interactive Data | Projection Models | Support Groups | Restaurants Offering Takeout/Delivery | Senior Shopping Hours | Photos | CDC Resources | RI Health Department | MA Health Department
RI Coronavirus Hotline: (401) 222-8022 | Work-Related Questions: (401) 462-2020 | Mental Health Assistance: (401) 414-5465
STAY INFORMED | CORONAVIRUS UPDATES
Coronavirus: Latest Headlines
- US jobless claims soar past 30 million; Europe reeling also
- 15 new deaths Thursday; more people hospitalized than originally reported
- As some COVID patients improve, doctors hopeful experimental plasma treatment works
- ‘Is my dad alive?’: Outrage as deaths mount at Mass. veterans home
- Pay It Forward Challenge started by high school seniors catches on with alumni