PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WPRI) — The effects of the novel coronavirus are being felt worldwide as people, businesses and elected officials take steps to limit its spread.
Coronavirus: Latest Headlines, Map, Resources »
Brown University announced Friday it’s canceled all events involving more than 100 participants while URI has suspended all international travel until May.
The Providence Bruins, however, took the ice as planned Friday night at the Dunkin’ Donuts Center.
In the above video, Eyewitness News gets a look at the add precautions being taken to keep attendees safe.
Anyone who has questions regarding the virus can call the R.I. Department of Health at (401) 222-8022 or visit the department’s website.
Coronavirus: Latest Headlines
- Alaska to offer tourists COVID-19 vaccines starting June 1
- RI State House remains closed to public despite state reopening
- Newsfeed Now: At least 9 people dead after shooting at Indianapolis FedEx facility; Pfizer CEO says 3rd COVID-19 shot possible
- 417 new COVID-19 cases, 1 death in RI; thousands more vaccine appointments released
- COVID booster shots could be needed, annual shots not out of the question