PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WPRI) — The effects of the novel coronavirus are being felt worldwide as people, businesses and elected officials take steps to limit its spread.
Coronavirus: Latest Headlines, Map, Resources »
Brown University announced Friday it’s canceled all events involving more than 100 participants while URI has suspended all international travel until May.
The Providence Bruins, however, took the ice as planned Friday night at the Dunkin’ Donuts Center.
In the above video, Eyewitness News gets a look at the add precautions being taken to keep attendees safe.
Anyone who has questions regarding the virus can call the R.I. Department of Health at (401) 222-8022 or visit the department’s website.
Coronavirus: Latest Headlines
- Foster families share challenges during COVID-19 pandemic
- Hospitalizations drop below 200 in RI; 67 new cases, 2 deaths; gov briefing at 1 pm
- Connecticut casinos to reopen to public Monday; Governor calls it ‘risky’
- ACI inmate at Maximum Security facility tests positive for COVID-19
- New Bedford handing out free masks to residents