PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WPRI) — The effects of the novel coronavirus are being felt worldwide as people, businesses and elected officials take steps to limit its spread.
Coronavirus: Latest Headlines, Map, Resources »
Brown University announced Friday it’s canceled all events involving more than 100 participants while URI has suspended all international travel until May.
The Providence Bruins, however, took the ice as planned Friday night at the Dunkin’ Donuts Center.
In the above video, Eyewitness News gets a look at the add precautions being taken to keep attendees safe.
Anyone who has questions regarding the virus can call the R.I. Department of Health at (401) 222-8022 or visit the department’s website.
Coronavirus: Latest Headlines
- Hospital Hardships: A 12 on 12 Digital Original debuts Monday at 5
- RI health care workers challenge state’s vaccine mandate as deadline nears
- RI making Pfizer booster shots available to eligible residents; 348 more cases, 3 deaths reported
- Counties with the lowest hospital bed capacity in Rhode Island
- Biden encourages COVID booster after CDC endorses shot for older Americans