You’ve watched our Summer Stars episode on al fresco dining — if not, you can watch it right here via the video player above — but there are so many more great spots for outdoor eating in our local area.
All Shows & Segments: Rhode Show Summer Stars
Here’s our list of some more great al fresco hot spots:Providence
- Wurst Kitchen at Chez Pascal — House made sausages and meats from a window at the restaurant
- Salt Cove Lobster Co. – Mobile cart from Cook & Brown that serves lobster rolls
- Ellie’s Bakery – Bakery in Providence with outdoor seating run by the folks at Gracie’s
- Red Stripe — Traditional brasserie, serves comfort food with a French influence
- Zooma — Italian dining with house-made pastas and wood fire pizza
- Mossimo — Italian dining with craft cocktails
- DePasquale Plaza typically has live music, which venues take turns programming
- Spiced Pear — Fresh seafood served using French culinary techniques
- The Landing Restaurant — Can boast about two floors, three bars, a raw bar, five outdoor dining areas, three indoor dining rooms
- The Mooring Seafood Kitchen and Bar — Casual yet classy right on the waterfront in Newport
- 22 Bowen’s — Features two wraparound decks for outdoor dining
- Midtown Oyster Bar — A large raw bar and long cocktail list
- Sardella’s Italian Restaurant — Jazz nights and a large menu
- Christie’s of Newport – A simple but quality menu
- The Matunuck Oyster Bar -South Kingstown,RI
- The Coast Guard House-Narragansett, RI
- Trio– Narragansett, RI. Locally grown ingredients used with Mediterranean inspiration.
- Blu on the Water-East Greenwich, RI. Outdoor seating includes glass fire pits and tornado lanterns.
- County Cork – Warwick, RI. Casual dining with an all-Irish atmosphere
- Iggy’s – Oakland Beach, Warwick, RI. Classic seafood, doughboys and chowder
- Top of the Bay – Oakland Beach, Warwick, RI. Bar-style seating lines the perimeter of their deck
- Basta — Cranston, RI. Italian classics and delicious pizza from a wood-fired oven
- The Boat House — Tiverton, RI. Seafood and amazing waterfront issues
- The Dewolf Tavern — Bristol, RI. American cuisine served at breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Blue Kangaroo Cafe — Burrington, RI. Fresh bakery goods and a large variety of sandwiches
- Quito’s Restaurant — Bristol, RI. Family-friendly atmosphere without compromising quality
- Chomp Kitchen and Drinks — Warren, RI. Specializes in burgers and sandwiches
- Wildflour Vegan Bakery & Juice Bar — Pawtucket, RI. Classic bakery items with organic and local ingredients
- Rocco’s Pub and Grub — Smithfield, RI. Eccentric atmosphere with a wide array of entrees
- Andrew’s Bistro — Italian restaurant that also serves classic seafood specials
- Pizzeria Romana — Lincoln, RI with a new location coming to Johnston.
- The Cove Restaurant & Marina — Waterfront outfit serving American seafood dishes & craft cocktails in an open space
- Tipsy Seagull Dockside Pub — Outdoor seasonal bar on the water with tiki vibe, pub grub with tropical twist & live music
- Jerry Remy’s — Full on sports bar with outdoor patio in summer
- Mesa 21 — Specializes in Portuguese and pizza, but offers more
- 609 Locust Street Kitchen — A hidden gem with a huge menu
- The Black Whale –– Fresh seafood and raw bar
- Waterfront Grille –– Casual atmosphere overlooking the harbor
- Fathoms Bar and Grille — An incredible waterfront view, an even an 60 ft floating dock for small boats.
- Pour Farm Tavern — Known for fun beer, art and music.
- Cove Surf & Turf — Specializes in fresh haddock, steak tips, clam-boils and French meat pie.
- National Hotel — Located overlooking the Old Harbor, open for all meals
- Spring House Hotel — Multiple dining locations and menus
- Poor People’s Pub — Their slogan says it all: “nothing fancy, just good grub!”
- The BeachHead — The large outside deck overlooks Crescent Beach
- The Oar — Delicious and moderately priced food, a favorite for locals and vacationers alike
Other Categories of Al Fresco Dining:Best Views of WaterFire
- Café Nuovo — Providence, RI. Menu offers a “fusion of flavors from around the globe”
- Jacky’s WaterPlace — Providence, RI. First fine-dining Pan Asian restaurant in RI, sushi bar
- Capital Grille — Providence, RI. An upscale steakhouse
* Make sure to make reservations well in advance.Best Places to Bring Your Dog
- Luxe Burger Bar — Providence, RI. Build Your Own Burgers with over 400,000 options from a list
- Rick’s Roadhouse — Providence, RI. Enjoy BBQ and mom & pop style meals
- Filippou’s Twisted Pizza — East Greenwich,RI. Multiple locations and online ordering
Fast Casual from Great Local Restaurants
- Wurst Kitchen at Chez Pascal — Providence, RI. House made sausages and meats from a window at the restaurant
- Salt Cove Lobster Co. – Providence, RI. Mobile cart from Cook & Brown that serves lobster rolls
- Ellie’s Bakery – Providence, RI. Bakery in Providence with outdoor seating run by the folks at Gracie’s
*Plenty of Outdoor Dining on the menu at Providence Restaurant Week, July 10-23.