The world is waiting with baited breath, as Prince Harry prepares to marry American Actress Meghan Markle on Saturday.
Event Planner Elizabeth Lutz of Glass Event Planning stopped by “The Rhode Show” on Wednesday morning, to talk about some of the big trends and styles for American weddings of 2018.
Some of her favorites:
1. Colored candles – It’s a way to add dimension, color and visual interest to your centerpieces – a great place for the accent color.
2. Intimate ceremonies – Working with the set up of the chairs and floral displays to create an intimate ceremony experience for outdoor weddings
3. Mixing styles and periods of time – Modern paired with historic elements. Think Mid-century Modern paired with Victorian or Contemporary. Modern with historic and mixing periods – mid-century modern with old.
4. Less is more – for many years it was about details and mixing and matching items such as place settings. Elizabeth is seeing more cohesion and less attention to small details such as little signs for everything.
5. Foregoing favors – Couples are starting to make donations in honor of their guests and foregoing favors.
6. Clean presentation and lighter fare cuisine – Couples are honed into cuisine – seeking clean plate presentation and really fresh food that allows flavors to speak for themselves.
7. Raw bars! New England is the perfect place for them and they are everywhere!
8. No cake or smaller cake – Some couples are opting for a traditional wedding cake, but more and more and going for a small ceremonial cake just for cutting and then a playful dessert or a full dessert display full of mini delights.