CVS Health, WPRI 12 and the Pawtucket Red Sox have joined forces for the second year on Community Heroes, a grant program that provides $55,000 in grants to Rhode Island nonprofits that focus on health and wellness services for children, veterans, and seniors.
Ten recipients have been selected and will each receive a $5,000 Community Heroes grant! And, now you can help decide which organization receives a $5,000 bonus grant!
The 10 nonprofits to choose from are:
- The Heather Abbott Foundation
- Lucy’s Hearth
- Reach Out and Read Rhode Island
- Boys & Girls Club of Cumberland/Lincoln
- Progresso Latino
- Senior Services, Inc.
- Tockwotton Home
- United Methodist Elder Care
- Easter Seals of Rhode Island
- American Legion Auxiliary
Now through September 2 at noon, let us know which of the ten organizations you think should receive a $5,000 bonus grant! Here’s how:
- Follow @CVSinAction on Twitter and CVS in the Community on Facebook and watch as we post and tweet about each of the ten nonprofits.
- To give your favorite nonprofit a vote, simply like or retweet the tweet on Twitter or like or share the post on Facebook. At the end of the contest, the nonprofit that has received the most likes, retweets and shares will be awarded the $5,000 bonus grant.
- We will be posting about each of the 10 nonprofits two times on Facebook and Twitter throughout the campaign so be on the lookout for posts about your favorite nonprofit.
- You are eligible to vote for more than one charity, but remember – only one charity will win the bonus $5,000.
The organization that gets the most votes and will receive the bonus grant will be announced at the Pawtucket Red Sox game on September 4, and will be featured live on the Rhode Show on WPRI on September 7. CVS Health, the PawSox and WPRI are proud to support our Rhode Island nonprofit partners!In the above video, Jennifer Leigh from CVS Health joins us in studio to discuss more about the program.