In the kitchen today, we welcome Nick Rabar from Avenue N making Creamed Collard Greens with Bacon Crumbs.
- 2 bunches Collard Greens, No stems, washed, chopped
- 4 slices Bacon, diced, rendered
- 1 Shallot, minced
- 1 quart Chicken Stock
- 2 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 quart Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 pinch Kosher Salt
- 1 pinch Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup Bread Crumbs (with cooked bacon, parmesan, thyme and butter)
- Sauté bacon and add shallots when almost cooked.
- Add Collards and briefly sauté. Add stock and cover. Reduce heat and cook for 2 hours checking occasionally to ensure liquid has not evaporated. Remove and lightly strain.
- Add cream back to the pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and add parmesan, salt and pepper.
- Fold in cooked greens, top with bread crumbs.
Rhode Show Content Disclaimer: The information, advice, and answers displayed in The Rhode Show section of WPRI.com are those of individual sponsors and guests and not WPRI-TV/Nexstar Media Group, Inc. WPRI.com presents this content on behalf of each participating Rhode Show sponsor. Sponsored content is copyrighted to its respective sponsor unless otherwise indicated.