Brent from Cadence Education stops by The Rhode Show to discuss the following winter break ideas that might be right for your family:
- Baking at home: There are plenty of fun activities you can do with your kids right at home. One fun activity that you can do with them is to make cookies or other types of sweet desserts at home and spend time decorating them. You can take them to the market and really show them the different options of frostings, sprinkles, and cookie types. Then teach them the measuring and baking part of it to help work on their math skills. Once they are all cooled off and decorated you can sit and eat them as a family.
- Outdoor winter fun: Consider taking a trip to Yawgoo Valley and do some snow tubing and enjoy some hot chocolate when you're finished. Head to Providence and go ice skating at the rink downtown. If you do choose to do anything outside, make sure that if it is too cold to wear layers, then limit your exposure to outdoor temps below freezing.
- Look for local events happening in RI: There are plenty of events happening in RI in the winter months. Paw Patrol Live comes to the Vets Auditorium in downtown Providence in February. There are many classes that your kids could take, such as painting classes and yoga classes.
- Plan a day with friends: February break is a great time for you to plan a day for your kids to see other kids they may not see throughout the school year. Maybe they only see them at summer camps or other programs outside of school. This is a great time to get them together and go bowling, see a movie, or go an arcade.
- Relax: This week is really a great time for your kids to just unwind and get that much needed rest for the rest of the winter months. Schedules can be hectic with school, sports, and other extracurricular activities kids have. There is nothing wrong with letting them take this time to just relax and rest.
- A full week program at The Children’s Workshop: Most Children’s Workshop locations will be running a full day program for their school-aged kids. This includes meals and a well rounded and fun curriculum full of organized fun activities. This is a great place for parents to enroll their kids if they must work while their kids are on break. Parents will have peace of mind that their child is safe, and in a fun educational environment.
The weather can certainly make February break unpredictable and tricky to figure out activities to do with your kids. With a few ideas from above you will be prepared for whatever weather comes our way during February break time. Whatever you and your family choose to do, just do it as safely as possible in our unpredictable winter months.
The Rhode Show Content Disclaimer
The information, advice and answers displayed in The Rhode Show section of WPRI.com are those of individual sponsors and guests and not WPRI-TV/Nexstar Media Group, Inc. WPRI.com presents this content on behalf of each participating Rhode Show sponsor. Sponsored content is copyrighted to its respective sponsor unless otherwise indicated.