Celebrity Chef Linkie Marais joined The Rhode Show Friday, to make a Cranberry Chutney Cheese Ball.
Cranberry Chutney Ingredients:
2 cups dried cranberries (craisins)
3⁄4 cup dried apricots
1⁄2 cup dried blueberries
3 1⁄2 cups cranberry juice
1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
1 red onion
3 cloves garlic
1-2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1⁄2 tsp kosher salt
1⁄2 tsp black pepper
2 1⁄2 Tbsp fresh rosemary (chopped)
Cheese Ball Ingredients:
1 (8 oz.) Cream Cheese (room temperature)
2 cups Sharp White Cheddar Cheese
1⁄2 cup Cranberry Chutney (recipe on bottom)
1⁄2 tsp. Italian Seasoning
1⁄2 tsp. Paprika
1⁄2 tsp. Salt
1/8 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
1⁄2 cup Craisins
1⁄2 cup Walnuts
Cranberry Chutney Method:
1. Sauteed onions in medium saucepan with some olive oil until translucent.
2. Add all other ingredients.
3. Cook on high until the mixture comes to a boil.
4. Boil on high for 3-5 minutes, then turn heat down to medium and boil for an additional 10-15 minutes or until mixture thickens.
5. Cool down and use room temperature or heated up.
Cheese Ball Method:
1. Beat cream cheese and cheddar cheese together.
2. Add chutney and seasonings and mix until all ingredients are blended well.
3. Place craisins and walnuts into a food processor and pulse until it is chopped finely.
4. Tear off a piece of plastic wrap (11” long). Pour walnut craisin mixture on wrap.
5. Scoop cheese mixture on top of walnut mixture and roll into a ball, coating with the walnut mixture as you go.
6. Wrap cheeseball firmly and refrigerate until set up (about 1 hour).
7. Serve with crackers of your choice.
The Rhode Show Content Disclaimer
The information, advice and answers displayed in The Rhode Show section of WPRI.com are those of individual sponsors and guests and not WPRI-TV/Nexstar Media Group, Inc. WPRI.com presents this content on behalf of each participating Rhode Show sponsor. Sponsored content is copyrighted to its respective sponsor unless otherwise indicated.
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Calling all dogs: Festival Ballet Providence holds casting call for 'The Nutcracker'
- AAA: Battery issues will rise when temps drop this Thanksgiving
- Hope Point Tower heads to Elorza's desk after winning City Council support
- Analyst: Hospital shooting was different from other 'active shooter' cases