Chef Armando Bisceglia from Bacco Vino & Contorni shares a recipe for uovo al purgatorio (eggs in purgatory).
- 2 Eggs
- 6 ounces Marinara sauce
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 2-3 tbsp Parmigiano cheese (to taste)
- Crusty bread for dipping
- Heat oil in a skillet over low heat.
- Add marinara sauce, bring to a boil.
- Reduce to simmer.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Gently add eggs directly into tomato sauce without breaking the yolks.
- Cook until eggs are just cooked, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Top with parmigiano cheese, to taste.
- Serve with crusty bread to dip!
Rhode Show Content Disclaimer: The information, advice and answers displayed in The Rhode Show section of WPRI.com are those of individual sponsors and guests and not WPRI-TV/Nexstar Media Group, Inc. WPRI.com presents this content on behalf of each participating Rhode Show sponsor. Sponsored content is copyrighted to its respective sponsor unless otherwise indicated.