Brigid Rafferty from The Power of Juice joins us in the kitchen today making their Fireball juice drink, an immunity-boosting elixir.
Ingredients (makes 16 fl. oz.):
- Strained juice from 4 to 5 ripe, medium-sized lemons
- Strained juice from ¾ lb. of fresh ginger root (organic is best if you do not intend on peeling the ginger)
- 1/8 tsp. of cayenne powder (organic is highly recommended)
- 1 ½ tsp. of maple syrup (the real kind) or honey of your choice
- a lemon reamer or other type of lemon juicer, including your bare hands. Don’t forget to roll the lemon on the table to loosen the juice from the fiber inside the lemon before you cut the lemon in half for squeezing.
- a juicer capable of juicing fresh ginger (centrifuge, single auger masticating juicer, or other similar equipment) – it is possible to “juice” fresh ginger using a Microplane chocolate grater or similar piece of hand tool, but it takes a little patience and care.
Creating this Immunity-Boosting Elixir:
- Juice the lemons and strain the seeds and pulp out with a small strainer
- Juice the ginger
- Add the lemon and ginger juice along with the cayenne powder and maple syrup (or
- honey) to a blender and blend on medium for 20 to 30 seconds OR put all the
- ingredients into a TPOJ juice jar and shake while dancing to a great tune on Spotify!
- Let sit for at least 30 minutes to let the cayenne dissolve
- Serve 1 oz. portions as desired or required.