In the kitchen today, we welcome Chef Dino DiFante from Trattoria Zooma making Tortellini Vino Rosso. This translates into pasta made with red wine. The red wine is what gives the fresh tortellini it’s red color.
Ingredients for the tortellini filling:
- Goat cheese
- Black pepper
Ingredients for the sauce: ”Orange glaze”
- Orange juice
- Red wine
- You can purchase the tortellini at Trattoria Zooma or make your own by rolling out pasta dough and folding in a small amount of the tortellini filling.
- To cook the pasta, boil water in a large pot and gently drop in the tortellini.
- To make the glaze, melt the butter in a large skillet. When the butter is melted, add the red wine & orange juice. Let the sauce reduce until it is quite syrupy.
- When the pasta is done (it should float to the surface when ready), drain it (but not too thoroughly) and add it to the skillet with the sauce.
- Mix the pasta and wine reduction well, and let the pasta absorb the wine almost entirely. The pasta should remain quite moist, so it ‘slithers’ around.
- Finely chop the scallions and use for garnish.
- Serve immediately.
Rhode Show Content Disclaimer: The information, advice, and answers displayed in The Rhode Show section of WPRI.com are those of individual sponsors and guests and not WPRI-TV/Nexstar Media Group, Inc. WPRI.com presents this content on behalf of each participating Rhode Show sponsor. Sponsored content is copyrighted to its respective sponsor unless otherwise indicated.