Nick Rabar from Avenue N is here this morning with another one of his dishes, Sweet Potato and Bacon Au Gratin. You can find Nick at his two locations, Avenue N in Rumford with The Pantry next door and Avenue N Providence on Hope Street. And coming soon, Honeybird Kitchen & Cocktails.
- 2 lbs Sweet Potatoes, chopped, boiled in salted water
- 6oz. Applewood Bacon, cooked, course chopped
- 1 bunch Leeks, chopped, sautéed, white part only, no green
- 3 cups Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Fontina Cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Gruyere Cheese, shredded
- 2 Tablespoons Parmesan, grated
- 1 pinch Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon Thyme, no stems, rough chop
- Bring cream to a boil then lower to a simmer.
- Add most cheese and mix until thick.
- Fold in potatoes, bacon, leeks.
- Place in a baking dish, top with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 475 degrees until cheese has browned.
- Top with chopped thyme.
Rhode Show Content Disclaimer: The information, advice, and answers displayed in The Rhode Show section of WPRI.com are those of individual sponsors and guests and not WPRI-TV/Nexstar Media Group, Inc. WPRI.com presents this content on behalf of each participating Rhode Show sponsor. Sponsored content is copyrighted to its respective sponsor unless otherwise indicated.