In the kitchen today, we welcome Pastry Chef Maya Hayes from Weekapaug Inn, making their Springtime Lemon Curd Dessert with Swiss Meringue.
Ingredients for Lemon Curd:
- 3 eggs
- 3 yolks
- 4oz. (1 stick) butter
- 6oz (3/4 cup) lemon juice
- 4.5oz (2/3 cup) sugar
Directions for Lemon Curd:
- Whisk your eggs, yolks, and ½ of your sugar together in a bowl.
- Bring the lemon juice, butter, and other ½ of your sugar to a boil.
- Slowly pour your lemon mixture into your eggs while whisking.
- Return the mixture to heat and whisk until it starts to thicken.
- Immediately take it off the heat and strain it through a sieve.
- Pour into a tart shell or even a decorative glass for a parfait
Ingredients for Swiss Meringue:
- 3 egg whites
- 6 oz (3/4 cup) sugar
Directions for Swiss Meringue:
- Whisk egg whites and sugar together in a metal boil over a double boiler.
- Continue to gently whisk until the eggs whites are warm to the touch and the sugar has melted.
- Whisk on a kitchen aid until the mixture becomes a stiff meringue.
- Put into a piping bag and decorate your lemon tart.
- Decorate the tart or the parfait with meringue, berries, and fresh flowers.
Rhode Show Content Disclaimer: The information, advice and answers displayed in The Rhode Show section of WPRI.com are those of individual sponsors and guests and not WPRI-TV/Nexstar Media Group, Inc. WPRI.com presents this content on behalf of each participating Rhode Show sponsor. Sponsored content is copyrighted to its respective sponsor unless otherwise indicated.