On Monday morning, Go Providence brought us Chef Andrew Capella from Sarto, who made a delicious pasta dish. Get the recipe below and try it tonight!
For the Pea Puree:
- Sage Brown Butter 1.5oz.
- Green Peas Blanched 6oz
- Ricotta cheese 1oz
For the Dish:
- Sacchetti Pasta 9oz.
- Garlic .5oz
- Sugar Snap Peas Blanched 3oz
- Asparagus Blanched 3oz
- Green Peas Blanched 4oz
- Pea Puree 6oz
- Toasted Almonds Sliced 1oz
- Grated Pecorino Cheese 2oz
For Pea Puree:
- Combine the blanched peas, sage brown butter, and ricotta in a blender.
- Blend on high until smooth.
- Use water to adjust consistency if needed.
- Season with Salt and Pepper.
For Pasta dish:
- Heat sauté pan with olive oil and lightly toast the garlic. Add vegetables to the pan and cook until heated.
- While this is going on drop the pasta into salted boiling water approx. 8 minutes to al dente.
- Add the pea puree to the vegetable pan and toss to combine.
- Drain the pasta and add to the pan tossing well to coat evenly. Season with salt and pepper.
- Plate in two bowls. Garnish each with toasted almonds and grated pecorino.
Sarto 86 Dorrance Street Providence RI, 02903.
Rhode Show Content Disclaimer: The information, advice, and answers displayed in The Rhode Show section of WPRI.com are those of individual sponsors and guests and not WPRI-TV/Nexstar Media Group, Inc. WPRI.com presents this content on behalf of each participating Rhode Show sponsor. Sponsored content is copyrighted to its respective sponsor unless otherwise indicated.