Discover Newport brings us Elizabeth Fredin from Beth Bakes out of Hope & Main making her Spring Greens and Herb Frittata.
- 8 large eggs
- 3 cups baby arugula
- large pinch each of fresh chopped parsley, mint, and dill
- 1/2 finely minced shallot
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped chives, reserve 2T chives for garnish
- 4T cream cheese or goat cheese, crumbled
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Heat a 10-12” cast iron over medium low heat.
- While skillet is heating, add arugula, herbs, lemon zest and shallot to a large mixing bowl.
- Drizzle with 1T olive oil.
- Lightly salt and pepper and toss to combine all.
- Crack the eggs into another bowl add a dash of water and a good grind of both salt and pepper.
- Whisk until light and blended.
- Add eggs and cream cheese or goat cheese to greens and mix to combine.
- Turn heat on the skillet to medium.
- Lightly oil the skillet and add the egg mixture.
- Let the eggs set for several minutes.
- Using a rubber spatula, pull eggs away from the side and let raw eggs from the top run under.
- Do this several times working your way around the skillet. The bottom will get fairly well set up but the top will still be runny.
- At this point put the skillet in the pre-heated oven until the eggs are completely set.
- They will puff up and be golden brown on top.
- Remove from oven.
- Frittata can be slid onto a platter or sliced and served from the skillet.
- Garnish with reserved chopped chives.
**Smoked salmon and Beth Bakes Everything Bagel Spice crackers make a great accompaniment!