Executive Chef Fehmi of Barrett's Waterfront joined us in The Rhode Show kitchen to show us how to make their Shrimp Scampi.
- 1/2 lb peeled and de-veined shrimp
- 2 Cloves garlic minced
- 1 Cup diced tomatoes
- 1 TBLP Fresh Basil leaves torn
- 1 TBLP of olive oil
- Zest of half a lemon
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup dry vermouth
- 1/2 cup homemade stock (chicken, veg, or fish)
- 2 ounces of cold butter cut into cubes
- Linguini pasta
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a medium saute pan on high heat for 2 min
- Add oil, then shrimp
- Season with salt and pepper and saute for 2 min
- Add garlic and saute 1 min
- Add lemon juice and wine to deglaze the pan
- Add the rest of the ingredients
- Reduce sauce by half
- Finish with cold butter
- Serve over linguini and enjoy!
The Rhode Show Content Disclaimer
The information, advice and answers displayed in The Rhode Show section of WPRI.com are those of individual sponsors and guests and not WPRI-TV/Nexstar Media Group, Inc. WPRI.com presents this content on behalf of each participating Rhode Show sponsor. Sponsored content is copyrighted to its respective sponsor unless otherwise indicated.
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- State Police urging drivers to use caution during winter storm
- Latest Data Trending A Bit Milder With Storm
- WEATHER NOW: Snow Will Turn to Flooding Rains then Ice
- Horse rescued from sinking in mud in North Smithfield