In the kitchen today, we welcome back Chef Nick Rabar from Avenue N making Shrimp Scampi with Spring Vegetables & Organic Barley.
- 1.5 pounds Shrimp, peeled, 21-25
- 1 pound White Barley, cooked in chicken stock
- 2 cups Cherry Tomatoes, oven dried if possible
- 1 cup Fresh English Peas
- 2 small heads Fennel, chopped and roasted
- 1 cup White Wine
- 4-6oz Garlic Butter
- Chopped Dill (As Needed)
- Kosher Salt (As Needed)
- Parmesan, shaved (As Needed)
- Parmesan Rind (As Needed)
- Olive Oil (As Needed)
- In a preheated skillet add olive oil and saute fennel.
- Add shrimp and saute until cooked.
- Add wine, parmesan rind and a pinch of salt, reduce by half.
- Add butter and melt.
- Add in peas, tomatoes some dill and shaved parmesan.
- Serve over warm barley and top with additional dill and parmesan.