In the kitchen today, we welcome Chef Nick Rabar from Avenue N making sausage and pepper risotto.
- 1lb Arborio Rice
- 8oz. Sweet Italian Sausage
- 2 Red Peppers, roasted, diced
- 1 Yellow Pepper, roasted, diced
- 1/2 Onion, sweet, medium dice
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 quart + 1 cup Chicken Stock
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Parmesan
- 1 pinch Kosher Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- As Needed Chives, for garnish
- Remove sausage from casing and cook until done.
- In a 4 quart sauce pot over medium heat and add olive oil and sauce onions and garlic.
- Add rice and 1/3 stock.
- Reduce to a simmer then add 1/3 more, then 1/3 more until rice is almost cooked.
- Add in sausage, preroasted peppers, butter, parmesan, and some chives.
- Plate and top with more parmesan and chives.
Rhode Show Content Disclaimer: The information, advice, and answers displayed in The Rhode Show section of WPRI.com are those of individual sponsors and guests and not WPRI-TV/Nexstar Media Group, Inc. WPRI.com presents this content on behalf of each participating Rhode Show sponsor. Sponsored content is copyrighted to its respective sponsor unless otherwise indicated.