- ½ cup cubed eggplant
- ½ cup diced red pepper
- ½ cup cubed zucchini
- ½ cup cubed tomato
- ½ Teaspoon Fresh thyme
- 1-2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 2-3 tablespoons diced onion
- 1 -2 Tablespoons fresh Italian parsley
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika (optional)
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat ¼ inch of olive oil in a non-stick pan, add cubed eggplant when oil starts to sizzle and rapidly fry eggplant until coated and starting to soften.
- Remove from oil and set on paper town to drain.
- Clean pan if necessary and add 3-4 tablespoons olive oil, add garlic and onion and gently soften.
- Add zucchini and red pepper and sauté’ lightly, when starting to soften add eggplant and tomato.
- When all ingredients are heated through add fresh herbs, smoked paprika (optional) and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- All vegetables should remain slightly firm and not too soft.
- Serve by itself or use as an accompaniment to grilled seafood or meat.