Chef Willis Stepp of Centro Restaurant joined us in The Rhode Show kitchen to show us how to make their Roasted Butternut Squash and Farro.
- Roasted butternut squash
- Toasted farro
- Shaved Pecorino
- Arugula pesto
- Spring lettuce
- Shaved radish
- Shredded carrot
- Brown butter
- Parmasean cheese
- Vegetable stock
- Place farro in a preheated 350F oven until toasty and brown, then place in simmering water for about 15 to 20 minutes until tender. Set Aside.
- Dice butternut squash and roast in the 350F oven for 25-35 minutes until golden brown and tender. Puree some in blender with cream and salt. Leave some in dice form. Set aside.
- Roast cashews in 350F Oven about 8 minutes until golden brown. Place in blender with milk until completely smooth and spreadable.
- Fry sage in 350F oil until crisp, set aside.
- Place farro, butternut puree, vegetable stock and Parmasean cheese in a large sauté pan and cook slowly until creamy and risotto-like.
- Spread cashew puree on the bottom of the bowl. Place 1/2 c of the butternut squash farro next to it.
- Garnish with sage, Pecorino Romano, garnish salad and arugula pesto.