This morning in the kitchen, we welcome Kevin Des Chenes, better known as Chef Kev D, showing us how to make homemade ricotta donut bites.
- Oil for frying
- 3lbs ricotta cheese
- 6 eggs
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cup flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
1. Whisk eggs well, then mix with vanilla and sugar and mix well again
2. Add all ingredients together and lightly mix or fold together until well blended – do not mix hard or the integrity of the ricotta will be lost
3. Using a 2oz ice cream scoop, place batter into 325° F oil for about 3 min
4. Carefully remove with stainless steel strainer, let excess oil dry then roll in sugar
5. These can be filled with any type of filling you like (using a squeeze bottle) including jelly, spiced apple, crème anglaise or chocolate
Rhode Show Content Disclaimer: The information, advice, and answers displayed in The Rhode Show section of WPRI.com are those of individual sponsors and guests and not WPRI-TV/Nexstar Media Group, Inc. WPRI.com presents this content on behalf of each participating Rhode Show sponsor. Sponsored content is copyrighted to its respective sponsor unless otherwise indicated.