Today in the kitchen, we welcome Pastry Chef Sarah Gillis from Laura’s Bar & Grill making Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownies and a Homemade Peanut Butter Cup to top it off with.
Ingredients and Instructions for the Brownie Bottom:
- 1 lb. 2 oz. Chocolate
- 2 sticks Butter
- 2 ½ cups Sugar
- 8 Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 4 cups Flour
- ½ cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9×13 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate and butter together over a double boiler and set aside to cool.
- Mix in the eggs and vanilla thoroughly.
- Sift the remaining dry ingredients together and mix into chocolate mixture.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Set aside for 20 minutes to cool while you prepare the cheesecake.
Ingresdients and Directions for the Peanut Butter Cheesecake:
- ½ cup Peanut Butter
- 1 ½ lbs. Cream Cheese
- 1 ½ cups Sugar
- 1 ½ cups Sour Cream
- 5 Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- ¼ cup Heavy Cream
- 2 tablespoons Flour
- 2 cups Peanut Butter Cups, chopped
- In the bowl of stand mixer beat the cream cheese, peanut butter and sugar until light and creamy, make sure there are no lumps.
- With a spatula, scrape down the sides of the bowl, then add the sour cream, eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl again and slowly add in the heavy cream and flour.
- Fold in the chopped peanut butter cups and mix thoroughly.
- Pour cheesecake mixture over cooked brownies.
- Place Cheesecake pan inside of a larger pan, make sure the pan is the same height or higher than the cheesecake pan.
- Pour water about into bottom pan and fill to about halfway.
- Bake the cheesecake for about 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and refrigerate for 12 hours or overnight.
Ingredients and Directions for the Chocolate Mousse Topping:
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips
- 2 ½ cups Heavy Cream
- Melt chocolate chips with a ½ cup heavy cream, set aside to cool.
- Whip 2 cups of heavy cream to stiff peaks.
- Fold in the cooled chocolate mixture until thoroughly mixed.
- Spread mousse on top of cheesecake.
- Drizzle with chocolate and sprinkle with chopped peanut butter cups.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Cut and serve accordingly.
Ingredients and Directions for the Homemade Peanut Butter Cup:
- 2 cups Chocolate
- 2 tablespoons Shortening (Crisco)
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 2/3 cup Graham Cracker Crumbs
- Combine chocolate and shortening and melt over double boiler. Brush paper cups with chocolate mixture and refrigerate until firm.
- In a sauce pan, add the butter and peanut butter, stir until melted.
- Stir in the powdered sugar and graham cracker crumbs until smooth.
- Press 1 tablespoon of filling into choclate cups, spread more chocolate mixture over the top of the filling. Spread to cover completely.
- Freeze until firm.
Rhode Show Content Disclaimer: The information, advice, and answers displayed in The Rhode Show section of WPRI.com are those of individual sponsors and guests and not WPRI-TV/Nexstar Media Group, Inc. WPRI.com presents this content on behalf of each participating Rhode Show sponsor. Sponsored content is copyrighted to its respective sponsor unless otherwise indicated.