Trattoria Zooma joined us in The Rhode Show kitchen to make Pasta al Limone.
400 grams spaghetti (or approx. 100g per person)
2 small lemons, zest + juice
80 grams of butter softened at room temperature
80 grams of parmesan cheese, grated
To garnish: parsley, extra parmesan cheese, olive oil, salt, and fresh black pepper
1. Add spaghetti to a large pot of salted boiling water.
Cook until it is just underdone.
2. Meanwhile, juice and zest your lemon, grate parmesan cheese, and roughly chop parsley.
3. Warm a second pot on the stove and once the pasta is ready. Using tongs place it in the warmed pan allowing some of the pasta water to drip in as well.
Add the lemon and butter and stir for a minute or so until it becomes somewhat creamy, adding a little more pasta water if needed. Stir through parmesan until melted.
4. Plate and top with parsley, more parmesan, a splash of olive oil, and salt and pepper.
– Make sure you have plenty of salt in your pasta water
– It’s also really good with a finely chopped red chili
Rhode Show Content Disclaimer: The information, advice, and answers displayed in The Rhode Show section of WPRI.com are those of individual sponsors and guests and not WPRI-TV/Nexstar Media Group, Inc. WPRI.com presents this content on behalf of each participating Rhode Show sponsor. Sponsored content is copyrighted to its respective sponsor unless otherwise indicated.