In the kitchen today, we welcome Chef Davide Negri from Massimo Ristorante making Orecchiette alla Pugliese. This recipe is Orecchiette pasta tossed with broccoli rabe pesto and Italian ground sweet sausage.
- Orecchiette pasta
- Ground Italian Sweet Sausage
- Garlic (minced/blended)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
- Broccoli Rabe
- Black Crushed Pepper
- Pecorino Romano
- Parmigiano Reggiano
- Add water to a pot and start the boiling process on medium to high heat. When water is boiling add salt and orecchiette pasta.
- Clean and blanch broccoli rabe by adding them to boiling hot water for 4-5 minutes and putting them in iced cold water right after. Add broccoli rabe, extra virgin olive oil, salt, cheese and pepper to a blender/food processor for 4-5 minutes.
- While water boils and ingredients are blending, add olive oil to a pan and start cooking
- the sausage. Add red pepper flakes and garlic (optional).
- Add orecchiette pasta in the pan with your sausage, add the pesto and toss everything together.
- Plate and garnish with Pecorino Romano.
Rhode Show Content Disclaimer: The information, advice, and answers displayed in The Rhode Show section of WPRI.com are those of individual sponsors and guests and not WPRI-TV/Nexstar Media Group, Inc. WPRI.com presents this content on behalf of each participating Rhode Show sponsor. Sponsored content is copyrighted to its respective sponsor unless otherwise indicated.