Discover Newport has brought us the Newport Chowder Company this morning! Chef Katie Potter is making Newport Seafood Chowder.
· 1/3 cup butter
· 1 small onion
· 1/3 lb.each chopped shrimp, scallops and scrod
· 10 small cooked & diced red bliss potatoes (or substitute 2 15 oz cans of cooked diced potatoes)
· ½ gallon half & half
· 1 tsp. salt and ½ tsp. pepper
· SECRET POTION in zip lock bag
· 3/4 cup flour
· 1 ½ cups heated milk
1. In skillet, sauté butter and small onion. Add seafood and cook for 3-5 min.
2. In large pot, combine half & half, potatoes, salt, pepper and “SECRET POTION”. Cook over medium heat for 15 minutes– DO NOT BOIL
3. Put flour in a small saucepan and slowly add milk, whisking constantly to make a smooth paste.
4. Slowly add paste to large pot. Mix in Seafood. Continue to cook over medium heat for 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
Recipe makes 10-12 servings
Rhode Show Content Disclaimer: The information, advice and answers displayed in The Rhode Show section of WPRI.com are those of individual sponsors and guests and not WPRI-TV/Nexstar Media Group, Inc. WPRI.com presents this content on behalf of each participating Rhode Show sponsor. Sponsored content is copyrighted to its respective sponsor unless otherwise indicated.