Head Chef Ben Campos of Black Duck Tavern joined us in The Rhode Show kitchen to show us how to make their Moroccan Encrusted Salmon.
- 8oz Portion of Salmon (remove skin)
- 2oz Shitake Mushrooms
- 2.5oz Spinach
- 2 Tbsp White Wine (Dry)
- 2 Tbsp Blended Oil
- 4 Tbsp Moroccan Spice
- 2oz Rinsed & Drained Chick Peas
- 1oz Diced Bell Peppers
- .5oz Diced Red Onion
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Parsley
- 2 Tsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add chick peas, diced peppers, onions, chopped parsley, lemon juice into small mixing bowl. Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Mix all ingredients until fully incorporated. – Set aside.
- Coat Salmon with Moroccan spice on both sides thoroghly.
- Place medium saute pan on med/high heat.
- Add oil once pan begins to heat up.
- Once pan is fully to temp, place salmon and hard sear one side.
- Flip salmon and immediately place into 400 Degree oven until desired meat temperature is reached.
- In a separate pan, saute mushrooms until golden.
- Add spinich & white wine – Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cook until spinach is lightly wilted
- Plate salmon over chick pea salad.
- Garnish with microgreens.