In our Backyard BBQ Owner and Chef Joanne Vincent from Tortilla Flats shows us how to make Marinated Chicken Breasts with Chipotle Penne Pasta.
- Chicken breasts
- Citrus, cumin marinade
- Penne pasta
- Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- Died tomatoes
- Fresh garlic
- Fresh cilantro
- Tomato puree
- Heavy cream
- Cotija cheese (Mexican hard cheese, similar to parmesan)
- Marinate boneless chicken breasts for a minimum of 6 hours
- Cook penne and set aside until ready
- Grill chicken breasts thoroughly on grill and set aside
- Prepare chipotle tomato base
- Heat sauté pan on high heat and add 2 scoops of chipotle tomato base and heat through
- Slowly add heavy cream (approximately one cup) while on high heat
- Add a handful of cotija cheese
- Let simmer for a few minutes until sauce thickens
- Turn down heat
- Add penne and toss to coat
- Add the chicken breasts and toss to coat then remove and put aside
- Plate pasta, lay chicken breasts on top, garnish with fresh diced tomatoes and cotija cheese.
Rhode Show Content Disclaimer: The information, advice and answers displayed in The Rhode Show section of WPRI.com are those of individual sponsors and guests and not WPRI-TV/Nexstar Media Group, Inc. WPRI.com presents this content on behalf of each participating Rhode Show sponsor. Sponsored content is copyrighted to its respective sponsor unless otherwise indicated.