In the kitchen today, we have Chef Manoj Raveendrannair from Bombay Flay making their Malabar Shrimp, which isTandoori grilled jumbo shrimp wrapped in coconut sauce.
- Shrimp- 6 pieces
- Mustard seeds – little
- Salt – as needed
- Chopped onion -1/2 cup
- Chopped Tomato-1/2cup
- Curry leaves – 4 no
- Turmeric- 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
- Chili powder- 1/2 teaspoon ( optional)
- Garam masala – a pinch
- Tamerind juice – 2 teaspoon
- Coconut milk – 1 cup
- Chopped cilantro
- Water – 1 cup
- Season shrimp with salt, pepper, turmeric and lemon juice.
- Sear the shrimp in a pan and keep it aside.
- Put coconut oil in the same pan and add few mustard seeds when the pan is hot.
- When mustard seeds pop, add chopped tomatoes and onions and let the onion and tomatoes get cooked, throw few curry leaves in there as well.
- Add spices and when the spices gets warm put the coconut milk into it and let it simmer until the sauce gets thick.
- Add the shrimps in there and check the salt .
- Garnish with cilantro.
- Sautéed vegetables
- Coconut Rice