Head Chef Jeremy Theroux-Kochanek of Wicked Good Bar & Grill at Twin River Casino Hotel joined us in The Rhode Show kitchen to show us how to make their Hot Sausage Empanadas.
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage
- 3 oz white onion diced
- 3 oz red bell pepper diced
- 3 oz jalapeno diced
- 3 oz American cheese
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Canola oil for frying
- 12 empanada wrappers
Roasted Poblano Sauce:
- 3/4 lb Poblano peppers
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 1 1/2 qts Ranch dressing
- 1/2 oz cilantro
- Cook sausage on medium meat and break up until cooked through and remove from pan.
- Leave sausage oil in pan and add onion, red pepper, jalapeno, salt and pepper and cook till tender.
- Add Sausage back in and add cheese and mix until melted.
- Lay empanada wrappers out and wet the outer edge with water.
- Spoon in filling and fold wrapper over and seal with a fork.
- Heat oil in large sauce pan to 350 degrees and fry till golden brown.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Rub oil over peppers and roast in oven, put in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Once cooled peel skin off and put in blender with rest of ingredients and blend together.
- Drizzle over empanadas
Rhode Show Content Disclaimer: The information, advice and answers displayed in The Rhode Show section of WPRI.com are those of individual sponsors and guests and not WPRI-TV/Nexstar Media Group, Inc. WPRI.com presents this content on behalf of each participating Rhode Show sponsor. Sponsored content is copyrighted to its respective sponsor unless otherwise indicated.