Today we are joined by Chef Kevin Des Chenes making his Grilled Hanger Steak with Shallot Confit on the grill.
- 6oz flat iron steaks
- 8 whole peeled shallots
- Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh baguette, sliced and grilled
- Salt & pepper
For Shallot Confit:
- Place shallots in 2- inch-deep baking pan
- Add enough EVOO to pan to cover shallots
- Add salt & pepper
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake in 275° oven for 2 hours until shallots are soft and golden
For Hanger Steak:
- Vigorously season both sides of steak
- Place on med/high grill turning twice on each side creating diamond shaped grill marks
- Cook to desired temperature
- Let meat rest for 3-4 minutes
- Slice steak, top with shallot confit
- Garnish with cherry tomatoes, grilled baguette and serve!
Rhode Show Content Disclaimer: The information, advice and answers displayed in The Rhode Show section of WPRI.com are those of individual sponsors and guests and not WPRI-TV/Nexstar Media Group, Inc. WPRI.com presents this content on behalf of each participating Rhode Show sponsor. Sponsored content is copyrighted to its respective sponsor unless otherwise indicated.