Discover Newport has brought June Love’s English Bakery to our kitchen today! Chef June Lawton is sharing her recipe for English Fruit Teacake.
- 1.5 cups Self Rising Flour
- 1 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 3 large Eggs
- 1.5 sticks Unsalted Butter (6oz), softened
- 1/4 cup Orange Juice
- 2 tablespoons Whisky (or Rum or Brandy)
- 1 cup each of Raisins, ground up Apricots, Dried Cranberries (coated with 1/4 cup of the measured flour)
1. Mix all of the ingredients together (except for the dried fruits) using ¼ cup of the flour to coat.
2. Add the fruits (and almonds) just until combined.
3. Bake at 325° for 40-50 minutes until it is set in the center, test with skewer.
Rhode Show Content Disclaimer: The information, advice and answers displayed in The Rhode Show section of WPRI.com are those of individual sponsors and guests and not WPRI-TV/Nexstar Media Group, Inc. WPRI.com presents this content on behalf of each participating Rhode Show sponsor. Sponsored content is copyrighted to its respective sponsor unless otherwise indicated.