In the Rhode Show kitchen today, we welcome the new restuarant Daisy Jo’s Hot Chicken & Bisquits with Exec. Chef Andrea Leonardo making Daisy Jo’s Buttermilk Biscuits.
- 5 1/3 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tbl Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Pound Frozen Butter, Shredded
- 4 Large Eggs
- 2 1/3 Cup Buttermilk
- 1 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 2 Tbl Sugar
- Pre heat oven to 425F
- Make sure butter is frozen, this will make grating it a lot easier. Once grated, place back into the freezer. You want your biscuit dough to stay as cold as possible.
- In a large bowl mix, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar.
- In a separate container mix buttermilk and 3 eggs.
- Mix butter into dry ingredients.
- Mix wet into butter flour mixture. Do not over mix at this point. You want it to just come together.
- Turn onto floured surface and roll to about 1 inch thick, cut into desired shape. Place on a sheet pan as close as possible, almost touching.
- Turn last egg into egg wash and brush tops of biscuits. Bake between 15 and 20 minutes or until lightly golden brown on top and biscuits are cooked in the center. They will continue to cook after pulling out of the oven.