In the kitchen today, we are making Creole Shrimp N’ Grits with Chef Nicolas Gordon from Brass Monkey.
- 12 ea Shrimp (peeled,deveined)
- 1 oz. Red Bell Pepper (brunoise)
- 1 oz. Green Bell Pepper (brunoise)
- 1 oz. White Onion (brunoise)
- 1 oz. Celery (brunoise)
- 1 tsp Garlic
- 1 tbsp Creole seasoning
- 2 tbsp Butter
- ¼ cup White wine
- 1 ea. Scallion (sliced, thin biase)
- Salt To taste
- Pepper To taste
- 4 oz. Andouille sausage (cubed)
- Heat sauté pan on high.
- Add butter, garlic, onions, peppers, celery to hot pan. Allow time for vegetables to brown.
- Combine shrimp, andouille and creole seasoning to the pan.
- Cook until shrimp begin to turn red and sausage is brown. (Key is to render fat from the sausage)
- Deglaze with white wine and turn the heat down to a simmer.
- Before serving finish with scallions.