Banquet Chef Mark Langevin of Chelo’s joined us in The Rhode Show kitchen to show us how to make their Chelo’s Cheesecake.
- 1 1/4 cup graham crackers crumbs
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 2 1/2 lbs. cream cheese
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 ea. large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix together graham crumbs and melted butter.
- Press the crumbs against the bottom of the greased cheese cake pan.
- Cook in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from oven and lower the temperature to 225 degrees
- In a large bowl, cream together cream cheese and sugar.
- Once smooth, blend in the eggs and vanilla, mixture should be thick but smooth.
- Pour the filling into the cheese cake pan. Make sure the filling goes no higher than 3 quarters from the top of the pan.
- Placed the cheesecake in a deep cake pan and place it in the oven . Fill the outer pan with water halfway up the cheesecake pan.
- Cook in the 225 degree oven for 2 1/2 hours. Cheesecake will be done when the top is light and firm.
- Chill for 4 hours in refrigerator.
- Once cooled, cut, plate and serve.