GoProvidence.com brings us Chef Bobby Peck from Courtland Club making Cheesecake with seasonal topping variations.
- 2 Cups Ground Graham Crackers
- 8oz Unsalted Butter (melted)
- 16oz Cream Cheese
- 3 Large Eggs
- 8oz Granulated Sugar
- 16oz Crème Fraiche
- 1 Lemon (zested)
For the Crust:
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ingredients with a fork until evenly moistened.
- Lightly coat the bottom and sides of an 8-inch springform pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Evenly distribute mixture along the base of the pan, building up one inch along the side of the pan.
- Chill in the Refrigerator for at least ten min.
For the Filling:
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix cream cheese and sugar together.
- Cream for five minutes.
- Incorporate eggs one at a time until thoroughly mixed.
- Fold in the Crème Fraiche and lemon zest just to incorporate, do not over mix at this point.
- Pour the filling into the chilled crust.
- Wrap the base of the springform pan with aluminum foil.
- Place the pan in a roasting pan and fill with warm water one inch up the side of the pan.
- Carefully place in preheated oven and bake for approximately 45 min.
- The cheese cake should be set and maintain a slight jiggle in the center (it will firm as it chills).
- Carefully remove the cake from the roasting pan and rest for 30 min.
- Cover loosely with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least four hours.
- Remove from springform pan and cut into twelve portions.
- Serve with desired seasonal topping.