In The Rhode Show kitchen, Chef Nestor Noriega from Emmily’s Family Style Restaurant and Grille makes their Carnitas and Avocado Omelette.
- 3 eggs
- 6 ounces slow cooked pulled pork
- 1/4 cup diced green peppers
- 1/4 cup minced white onion
- 1 Tablespoon sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon Mexican salsa
- 1/2 fresh sliced Jalapeno
- 1/2 ripe avocado peeled and sliced
- 6 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese
- On a grill over medium high heat combine onion, green pepper, and 6 oz cooked pulled pork.
- Sauteed this mixture for 5 min until completely grilled, transfer to bowl, and set aside.
- In large saute pan, add 2 teaspoons of margarine in heat over medium high heat, add the eggs, reduce the heat to medium, cover, and cook until the omelette sets for about 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and sprinkle the surface with 6 oz monterey jack cheese and the pulled pork vegetable mixture.
- Have oven preheated to 350 then let the pan sit in the oven for 2 minutes until the cheese melts. take the pan out of the oven.
- Use a spatula to gently fold the omelette in half place the omelette on a serving plate. top with 1 tablespoon of salsa and sour cream.
- Add avocado and jalapeno and serve with home fries and toast.
Rhode Show Content Disclaimer: The information, advice and answers displayed in The Rhode Show section of WPRI.com are those of individual sponsors and guests and not WPRI-TV/Nexstar Media Group, Inc. WPRI.com presents this content on behalf of each participating Rhode Show sponsor. Sponsored content is copyrighted to its respective sponsor unless otherwise indicated.