Cacio e Pepe is a classic pasta dish made with very simple ingredients. The name roughly translates to cheese and pepper, which are the main flavors in this recipe.
- 1 lb Spaghetti Pasta
- 2 cups Grated Pecorino Romano Cheese
- 2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 8 oz Unsalted Butter (melted)
- Pasta Water
- Fill a pot with water, add a pinch of salt, and bring to a boil
- Once boiling, add 1lb of Spaghetti and let cook for about 6-8 minutes for al dente (or check the box for specific cooking instructions)
- While the pasta is cooking, put the melted butter in a large sauté pan and turn it to medium heat
- Then add the black pepper and about 2 cups of pasta water to the sauté pan
- Add the grated pecorino romano cheese and stir to combine
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain the pasta and add it directly to the sauté pan
- Toss to combine
- If the sauce is too dry add more pasta water. You are looking for a thick and creamy consistency
- Plate in a large bowl, garnish with parsley and mangia!
Rhode Show Content Disclaimer: The information, advice, and answers displayed in The Rhode Show section of WPRI.com are those of individual sponsors and guests and not WPRI-TV/Nexstar Media Group, Inc. WPRI.com presents this content on behalf of each participating Rhode Show sponsor. Sponsored content is copyrighted to its respective sponsor unless otherwise indicated.