GoProvidence.com brings us Corporate Executive Chef Rich Vellante from Legal Sea Bar making their Blackened Fish Taco.
- 1 T blackening spice rub
- 8 oz. haddock (or your favorite fish such as Mahi-Mahi or swordfish)
- 4 ea. corn tortilla
- 1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce (or cabbage)
- ½ cup pico de gallo
- ½ cup pickled red onions
- ¼ avocado cut into 4 slices
- ¼ cup ranch dressing
- Fresh cilantro and lime wedges for garnish
- Sprinkle blackening spice on fish and griddle on flat top or sauté.
- Grill tortillas until warm.
- Spread on each tortilla in this order: lettuce, pico de gallo, seared fish, pickled onions, sliced avocado, ranch dressing, cilantro.
- Garnish with lime wedge.
Pico De Gallo Ingredients
- 3 roma tomatoes, diced
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- ½ small jalepeño pepper, veins and seeds removed, diced
- 1-2 t lime juice, to taste
- salt to taste
Pico De Gallo Preparation
- Combine tomatoes, onion, cilantro and jalapeño in a bowl.
- Season with salt and add lime juice to taste.
Pickled Red Onions Ingredients
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced (use a mandolin if you have one)
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 T granulated sugar
- 1 ½ t salt
- 1 cup hot or warm water
Pickled Red Onions Preparation
- Slice the red onions as thin as you can! Use a mandolin slicer if you have one.
- Stuff all the red onions in a mason jar.
- In a bowl, stir apple cider vinegar, salt, sugar, and warm water to dissolve the sugar and salt.
- Pour the pickling mixture over your sliced onions and let them set for an hour.