In the kitchen today, we welcome Andrea Leonardo from The Thirsty Beaver making their Bacon Onion Jam which they use on their Ole Smokey Burger.
- 1 lb Thick Cut Bacon, Chopped
- 1 Large Onion, Small Dice (About 3 Cups)
- 3 Shallots, Small Dice
- 3 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 1 Large Jalapeno, Small Diced (Remove Seeds)
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/4 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1/3 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp Sriracha Sauce
- In a saucepan on medium heat, render down chopped bacon until crispy. Remove bacon and set aside, leave the bacon fat in the pan.
- Add onions and shallots to the pan and cook on medium low heat for about 15 minutes. Once they begin to soften, add the chopped garlic and jalapeno, stir for about 1 minute.
- Add the brown sugar, maple syrup, cumin, apple cider vinegar, sriracha, and crispy bacon.
- Let minutes simmer for about 10-15 minutes to thicken. Let cool.
Rhode Show Content Disclaimer: The information, advice and answers displayed in The Rhode Show section of WPRI.com are those of individual sponsors and guests and not WPRI-TV/Nexstar Media Group, Inc. WPRI.com presents this content on behalf of each participating Rhode Show sponsor. Sponsored content is copyrighted to its respective sponsor unless otherwise indicated.