- Your favorite nuts
- 6 ounces sugar
- 8 ounces light corn syrup
- 4 oz evaporated milk
- 2 cups half and half or light cream
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp salt
- Melted chocolate
- After mixing, add half of the liquids to the sauce pan, and bring to a boil.
- Once at a boil, slowly add the remaining liquid, stirring with a wooden spatula.
- Once all the liquid is in, lower the heat to a steady simmer, and cook, stirring constantly until the mixture reaches 236 degrees Farenheit.
- Carefully spoon, or extrude the caramel onto the nuts in small, one ounce “puddles”.
- The caramel will bond to a small amount of the nuts, forming the legs, and the head of the “turtle”.
- When the turtles are cool, coat them with your favorite chocolate, melted in a double boiler.
- When the chocolate is set, enjoy!
Rhode Show Content Disclaimer: The information, advice and answers displayed in The Rhode Show section of WPRI.com are those of individual sponsors and guests and not WPRI-TV/Nexstar Media Group, Inc. WPRI.com presents this content on behalf of each participating Rhode Show sponsor. Sponsored content is copyrighted to its respective sponsor unless otherwise indicated.