In the Rhode Show kitchen today, we welcome Executive Chef Brian Nadeau from Cucina Rustica making their Sunday Gravy, a traditional Italian Sunday pasta and beef dish.
- 4 bone in short ribs
- 1 lb meatloaf mix (for meatballs)
- 2 cans crush tomato
- 1 can beef broth
- 4 Italian sausage links
- 1 stick of pepperoni
- 1 onion diced
- 12 garlic cloves minced
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 whole carrot
- 1-1.5 lb fresh pasta
- Sear garlic in pan w/olive oil and a little butter (on low so it doesn’t burn).
- Once garlic starts to brown pour in your crushed tomato & water (plus tomato paste, optional).
- In separate pan brown your short rib, sausage & pepperoni and season w/salt & pepper.
- Once browned add the meat to your simmering tomato sauce, deglaze meat pan w/red wine and scrape pan and pour into sauce.
- Stir & simmer on low, throw in a whole carrot for sweetness (simmer low DO NOT BURN)
- Using the same meat pan, sauté butter, oil, and onion on low to caramelize.
- Using a Pyrex pan heat blended oil for your 6 oz meatballs (the oil should be about a 1/2 inch deep in Pyrex)
- Once oil his hit add meatballs and place in oven at 425 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Take out & add it to your pot w/ the onions when caramelized, let simmer for a bit.
- Plate over your fresh pasta.