Chef Albert Quito of Quito’s Restaurant and Bar shows us how to make their Stuffed Calamari.
- 12 Calamari Tubes
- 2 1/2 pound bag Calamari Tentacles and tubes
- 3 Tbs Kalamata Olives
- 1/2 loaf day-old Italian Bread (cut into cubes)
- 2 Tbs Fresh Parsley
- 2 Tbs Fresh Basil
- 1/4 cups Pine Nuts
- 2 Tbs Lemon Oil
- 1/8 Tps Sea Salt
- 1/4 tps Pepper
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- 2-3 tbs Olive Oil
- 4 cups Zuppa Sauce or Marina Sauce Seasoned Ritz Cracker Crumbs
- Sauté the rings and tentacles in sauté pan
- Add kalamata olives, pine nuts, lemon oil and herbs.
- Cook for 3 mins until calamari is cooked thru.
- Add cooked mixture to food processor with sour cream, ritz cracker crumbs, Italian bread, salt and pepper, pulse for 30 seconds until mixed. Let cool for a couple minutes before continuing to next.
- Add mixture to pastry bag or gallon ziplock bag with the end cut off.
- Fill each Calamari tube 1/3 full with the mixture, using a toothpick to secure the end of the tubes closed.
- Cover oven proof sauté pan with 2-3 Tbs olive oil, add calamari tubes braise each side 2 mins each.
- Add marinara or Zuppa sauce to pan with calamari, bake for 30 mins at 350 covered with aluminum foil.
- Heat with sauce before serving serve with Italian bread.